Benefits of Working for Ruby’s Pantry
Ruby’s Pantry is a faith-based Christian organization. Our mission is to activate people in being alert to the needs of others and to be proactive in encouraging faith, showing friendship and meeting tangible needs of neighbors, friends and strangers regardless of race, religion or ethnicity. Our company offers a positive work environment, Sunday’s off, great benefits and a role in feeding the hungry in rural locations in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Freezer Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator – North Branch, MN
This position is located in North Branch, MN. Previous Distribution Center Warehouse and forklift experience is required. Will work in mostly the freezer, but will also work in the dry warehouse and cooler warehouse areas. Position is day hours; must be flexible with start and end times as my need to stay later if business requires. Hours are primarily between 7:00 AM-4:30 PM. Will load & unload several semitrailers a day with a forklift. Will lift boxes off of pallets as needed to redistribute product onto pallets. Must meet physical requirements of the job as listed on application including lifting and moving up to 50-60 pounds. Apply on Indeed at the following link: Freezer Warehouse/Forklift Position
CDL Class A Full-Time Truck Driver – North Branch, MN
The truck driver promotes positive results and enhances the donor and distribution volunteer experience by providing exceptional service that supports the organizations vision. Most of our volunteers and food distributions are at churches.
- Drives to pickups and delivery, including every other Saturday; typically two days off a week including Sunday and another day of the week; must be flexible since will be scheduled according to business needs
- Loads or unloads trucks with pallet jack
- Assists in maintaining trucks and trailers by doing proper regular required inspections. Checks vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working condition. Promptly notifies Distribution Center Manager and Maintenance of trailer and vehicle maintenance needs.
- Checks conditions of trailer after contents have been unloaded to ensure there is no damage; sweeps out trailer after trailer is unloaded
- Checks all load related documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Collects delivery instructions from dispatcher, verifying instructions and route
- Maintains confidentiality about organization, coworkers, donors and any other information related to the organization that is not common public knowledge
Informs Manager of any issues or concerns promptly
- Attends and participates in training and meetings as assigned by Manager
- Cross-trains and works in all areas of the warehouse as needed during non-driving times, including cleaning trailers, bathrooms, building and maintaining grounds
- Remains current on all food distribution knowledge (dates and times locations)
- Cleans inside and outside of trucks
- Presents self in appropriate professional manner wearing Ruby’s Pantry shirt while working and adheres to dress code
- Must be willing and have a positive attitude about loading and unloading trucks when necessary
- Maintains accurate and timely logs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a Class A driver’s license and health card, pass drug testing and participate and pass new hire, random, accident, and suspicion drug testing, basic technology skills and be able to complete both logs accurately and quickly online. Must be able to clock in and out of timekeeping system and request PTO online.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, comprehend, hear, and communicate effectively in English in order to comprehend directions, create and read documents, and carry out responsibilities of position.
- Work up to a 10 hour shift.
- Run a pallet jack.
- Work around cleaning chemicals and dust.
- Able to lift 50 pounds throughout the day and perform the following physical activities repetitively throughout shift: standing, squatting, sitting, talking, walking, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, balancing lifting/carrying, hearing, reach above shoulder, crouching, grasping/repetitive motion, kneeling, and twisting, repetitive tasks/motions, good eye-hand coordination and good manual dexterity.
- Must be able to hear alarms, phone, and normal speaking voice.
Send your resume or recent job history and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org, contact us at (651) 674-0009 for an application or apply on Facebook under Ruby’s Pantry/Jobs.