Benefits of Working for Ruby’s Pantry
Sundays off – People you deal with are phenomenal – Positive work environment – Great benefits
Working for a faith based Christian organization – Make a difference, help us feed the hungry in rural MN and WI
CDL Class A Full-Time Truck Driver – Waupaca, WI
The truck driver promotes positive results and enhances the donor and distribution volunteer experience by providing exceptional service that supports the organizations vision. Most of our volunteers and food distributions are at churches.
- Drives to pickups and delivery, including every other Saturday; typically two days off a week including Sunday and another day of the week; must be flexible since will be scheduled according to business needs
- Loads or unloads trucks with pallet jack
- Maintains confidentiality; see Employee Handbook
- Follows and signs Drivers Expectations Form
- Assists in maintaining trucks and trailers by doing proper regular required inspections. Checks vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working condition. Promptly notifies Distribution Center Manager and Maintenance of trailer and vehicle maintenance needs.
- Checks conditions of trailer after contents have been unloaded to ensure there is no damage; sweeps out trailer after trailer is unloaded
- Checks all load related documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Collects delivery instructions from dispatcher, verifying instructions and route
- Maintains confidentiality about organization, coworkers, donors and any other information related to the organization that is not common public knowledge
Informs Manager of any issues or concerns promptly
- Attends and participates in training and meetings as assigned by Manager
- Cross-trains and works in all areas of the warehouse as needed during non-driving times, including cleaning trailers, bathrooms, building and maintaining grounds
- Remains current on all food distribution knowledge (dates and times locations)
- Cleans inside and outside of trucks
- Presents self in appropriate professional manner wearing Ruby’s Pantry shirt while working and adheres to dress code
- Must be willing and have a positive attitude about loading and unloading trucks when necessary
- Maintains accurate and timely logs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a Class A driver’s license and health card
- Must pass drug testing and participate and pass new hire, random, accident, and suspicion drug testing
- Technology skills
- Must be able to complete both logs accurately and quickly online. Must be able to clock in and out of timekeeping system and request PTO online.
- Work a 10 hour shift
- Lift 50 pounds throughout the day
- Run a pallet jack
- Work around cleaning chemicals and dust
- Able to perform the following physical activities repetitively throughout shift: standing, squatting, sitting, talking, walking, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, balancing lifting/carrying, hearing, reach above shoulder, crouching, grasping/repetitive motion, kneeling, and twisting, repetitive tasks/motions, good eye-hand coordination and good manual dexterity.
- Must be able to hear alarms, phone, and normal speaking voice.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, comprehend, hear, and communicate effectively in English in order to comprehend directions, create and read documents, and carry out responsibilities of position.
Reasoning Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Must be able to self-manage, follow verbal instructions and carry out assignments
- Effectively prioritize, plan, and organize, taking work direction from Manager
- Detail oriented
- Able to work under supervision and independently by following standard procedures
- Operate and succeed within a team
- Handle variations in workload and schedule
- Be proactive, going to management with issues and solutions promptly when issues or concerns arise
- Must representing the organization in a professional manner and appearance
- Displays high degree of judgement, discretion, and confidentiality
- Maintains professional boundaries with coworkers, volunteers, vendors, customers, directors, managers, supervisors, peers, and the community in general while projecting a professional image through in person and phone interactions
- Must be able to handle professionally any donor, volunteer, vendors or coworker comments and actions in difficult and stressful situations
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (651) 674-0009 for an application.